Affordability, Reliability, Resiliency, Safety, Security, and Environmental Responsibility are our highest priorities.
We do more than work for you. We work with you!
We continue to monitor the latest COVID-19 health concerns and are taking steps to help keep everyone safe and ensure the continuous delivery of energy to you.
City of San Antonio announces new utility assistance program. Learn More
How to apply for CPS Energy Utility Assistance:
- In person at any walk-in center or community event
- Online application
- By phone, 210-353-6110
Commitment to help our customers is one of our core values. We offer products, services and advice to help our customers manage their energy use and billing. Customers can pay their energy bills in a variety of ways. Assistance programs can also help fill in the gap when life events happen and help is needed. Learn More
Although we resumed normal disconnection processes, we want to help customers avoid disconnection. Customers who are on a payment plan and making their payments won't be disconnected.
Past due customers are eligible for disconnection anytime between 42 to 64 days after their bill is issued. See the phased in approach of resuming disconnects for nonpayment of past due bills below.
- September 2021
- Large commercial customers
- October 2021
- Small and medium business customers
- Residential customers who are:
- past due,
- are not on any assistance programs,
- have not made any payment, and
- haven’t answered our calls to provide assistance
- December 2021
- No disconnections during the holidays, per normal business operations
- January 2022
- Residential customers enrolled in assistance programs; also, reinstatement of late fees for all customers will begin. Until January, late fees will continue to be waived for customers who set up payment plans.
For more information on resuming normal operations please visit our Newsroom.
If you are experiencing financial hardship and need payment assistance, we urge you to call us at (210) 353-2222 to set up a payment plan. Our energy experts can talk you through our payment plan options and assist you with a strategy to catch up on missed payments and bring your account current if you are behind. We can also help you determine if you qualify for Assistance Programs that are available to supplement utility bill payments for qualified participants.
If you haven't done so already, sign up for Manage My Account (MMA).
Remember we will NEVER call you and demand payment or threaten disconnection – but scammers will. So don’t be fooled by them. Learn more about Scammers.
Please call us at (210) 353-2222 to set up a payment plan.
- Standard Payments - Customers can request a late fee waiver when making a payment.
- Installment Plan - Customers can request that the full amount due be broken into installments and added to future bills, in addition to the then-current amount due.
- Extension - Customers can request to pay their past due balance at a later date.
- Budget Payment Plan - Customers are billed a fixed amount monthly, which is based on their previous year's energy charges. This makes it easy to budget energy dollars for the year.
- Modified Budget Payment Plan - Customers with a Budget Payment Plan can request that a past due amount be broken into installments and added to the monthly Budget Payment Plan payment.
- Ways to Pay - All the different ways to pay your CPS Energy bill.
CPS Energy has a variety of money-saving and general assistance programs designed to help qualifying customers. Some of CPS Energy’s assistance programs include: