Demand response is our program where we pay you to voluntarily reduce the amount of electricity you use during a conservation event.
Conservation events are when the statewide demand for power use is at its highest. Demand response helps provide enough electricity to support the state's power needs.
You benefit from lower energy costs and a payment from us based on your electricity reduction during conservation events compared to your normal usage. The community beneifts through lower energy costs. The state benefits by meeting its power needs.
Demand response is an integral part of our overall strategy to save 771 megawatts by the year 2020.
- Between June 1 through September 30, we email, text and/or phone you with the start and end time for conservation events
- Conservation events are typically weekdays between 1 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- You receive 2 hours notice or 30 minutes notice, your choice
- Conservation events typically last 3 hours, there are approximately 25 conservation events per season
- After every event we let you know how you performed
- We pay you based on your program and your electricity reduction during conservation events compared to your normal usage
We'll help you identify ways you can cut back your electricity use as well as help you with a test event to estimate your reduction. Contact your CPS Energy account manager or email us at email@example.com.
Learn more about the Commercial and Industrial Demand Response program.
If your business uses thermostats for air conditioning then we still have a great offer for you. Check out WiFi Thermostat Rewards.