We stand ready to help any customer in need. Our People First philosophy led us to suspend disconnects while our community bands together during this challenging time. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we urge you to contact us for help. Call us at 210-353-2222 or online at cpsenergy.com/assistance.

We require the use of a face-covering and we will screen customers for COVID-19 symptoms before they enter any CPS Energy facility. Our modified customer service center hours are 10:30 am to 5:00 pm. Monday-Friday. If you have tested positive, or a family member has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please use our online tools or call 210-353-2222 for assistance.  Please do not visit our customer service center if you have COVID-19 symptoms.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Know the risks of the "silent killer"

Stock-101

When temperatures drop, we urge you to be careful when using fuel-burning heating equipment to avoid carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Here are some important facts about carbon monoxide:

  • It’s produced by the exhaust from everything from furnaces to space heaters
  • You cannot see or smell it - hence, the nickname "silent killer"
  • Symptoms include severe headaches or nausea, fatigue, dizziness or feeling faint

What to do if you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning:

  • Open windows
  • Shut off your furnace and other fuel-burning appliances
  • Get out of your home immediately
  • Call the fire department at 911 and CPS Energy at (210) 353-4357 (HELP)
 

How to avoid carbon monoxide dangers:

  • Install a carbon monoxide detector near the area where your family sleeps
  • Check the detector’s batteries every time you change the time on your clock each spring and fall
  • When using a gas space heater, leave a window open a couple of inches for proper ventilation
  • Never heat a room with your gas range, oven or clothes dryer
  • Never use a charcoal or barbecue grill, or portable gas camp stove indoors
  • Always use fuel-burning appliances with proper ventilation
  • Always provide such appliances with adequate combustion air according to manufacturer recommendations
  • Make sure appliance fresh air intakes are not blocked or restricted
  • Keep vents and chimneys clear of debris or other blockages