We are actively involved throughout our community in a variety of ways. These include:
- Supporting area schools through student mentoring (InspireU) and summer internships (SAFE)
- Volunteering thousands of hours in support of community projects
- Actively working to make our air, water and land clean and healthy
- Speaking at a variety of community events to keep everyone informed and educated about important energy topics
- Maintaining and encouraging partnerships with businesses and organizations that want to support important community causes
Smart Energy Education
Itron, Inc., which is innovating the way utilities and cities manage energy and water, and CPS Energy have expanded their collaboration to improve energy-water literacy and launched a new online resource aimed at providing interactive educational resources and materials to educate communities and inspire the next generation talent pipeline.
The new online resource, Smart Energy Education, will leverage pre-existing programs, such as the Resourcefulness: An Introduction to the Energy-Water Nexus STEM curriculum, and include new programs, such as the Watt Watchers of Texas program, that provide interactive learning materials for students, educators, industry professionals, and communities around the globe. Additionally, the Resourcefulness and Watt Watchers of Texas programs are now available in Spanish as a result of Itron and CPS Energy’s ongoing commitment to connect with as many communities as possible in the San Antonio region and beyond.
The Residential Energy Assistance Partnership (REAP) is a partnership between CPS Energy, the City of San Antonio and Bexar County, which provides eligible families in financial distress with utility assistance twice a year.
Every dollar donated goes directly to those who are in need. REAP funds are applied directly to the recipient's utility bill, making it convenient with no check to pick up or money to manage. Since 2002, we have contributed more than $20 million to REAP to help customers facing difficult times. Donate to REAP, Inc.
Become an Agency Partner to view client account data and enter pledges and payments on behalf of your clients. Any organization that helps residential customers with payment of their CPS Energy bill may enroll in the Agency Partners Portal.
Customer Response Unit
Our Customer Response Unit (CRU) group takes customer service to the next level with a mobile team that:
- Increases community awareness of and enrollment in assistance programs
- Educates customers about energy efficiency and safety
- Works directly with customers to meet their needs
Habitat Conservation Plan
In 2014, CPS Energy announced the development of a system-wide Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP) for its operations, construction, and maintenance/repair activities. The HCP will ensure that the threatened and endangered species in the CPS Energy service territory are protected while the community continues to grow.